True Crime Podcasts for Your Commute
What do you listen to when you’re driving in the car or taking a walk? Do you listen to podcasts? Currently, there are over 700,000 different podcasts available to listen to, and over 500,000 of these podcasts are currently active – meaning there are lots of new episodes being uploaded all the time.
With so many podcasts available for listening, it may be hard to narrow down what podcasts might interest you or are worth your time. If you’re a true crime fan, you’re lucky. You have lots of excellent choices available to you. Here are some of the most popular true-crime podcasts that you can check out.
- Dr. Death: Dr. Death takes an in-depth look at the career of neurosurgeon, Christopher Duntsch. You’ll learn all about the arrogant doctor and how he cared for his patients, along with seeing how the medical system works to protect (or not protect – as the case may be) its patients. If you’ve ever wondered if a second opinion was necessary, this podcast will convince you that it is.
- Sleuth: An actor who lures his victims to the theater where he kills them and then goes on stage to perform. Yes, that’s what Sleuth is about. Did he have an accomplice? Did he work alone? Learn about the crimes of Dan Wozniak in this podcast.
- The Trail Went Cold: With over 100 episodes, The Trail Went Cold tackles crimes from the past and the present. Every week you can hear a new episode, which is great as each episode can stand alone and you can feel free to skip to episodes that grab your attention.
- Criminal: Twice each month you can listen to your host, Phoebe Judge, who brings you a new true crime tale. You’ll hear stories about people who have had crimes committed against them, people who have committed the crimes and lots more.
- White Wine True Crime: About once each month you can listen to Kari and Caitlin as they share their thoughts on everything from the latest true crime documentary to hit Netflix or how much they love the Investigation Discovery channel. And, of course – white wine. You’ll love listening to them discuss the same shows you’re probably watching at home.
- S-Town: This podcast has it all. Interesting people, a supposed murder, an unexpected death, strained family relationships and the search for treasure. You’ll find yourself quickly listening to all of the episodes in hopes of learning all you can about life in this small Alabama town.
- Up and Vanished: There are currently two seasons of Up and Vanished available for download. Season 1 covers the disappearance of Tara Grinstead, a high school teacher in Ocilla, Georgia. Season 2 is about the disappearance of Kristal Anne Reisinger, a free spirit living in Colorado. Both stories are interesting and will draw you in quickly.
- The Teacher’s Pet: This is the story of a wife who went missing, Lyn Dawson, and her husband, Chris Dawson, who many believe murdered her. The events of this story take place in Australia, and currently, you cannot listen to this podcast there due to developments in the case. But, it’s still available to listen to here in the United States – so download it now.
- Serial: This may be one of the first true-crime podcasts that really caught the attention of listeners. It started with a look at the case of Adnan Syed who has been convicted of the killing of Hae Min Lee, even though he says he’s innocent. Now there are two additional seasons available.
Podcasts are a great way to pass the time while driving, walking or working around your home. And, if you love true crime stories – you’ll love these. Do you have a favorite true-crime podcast that didn’t make the list?