Best Places to Eat Outside in Upper Macungie
The evenings are the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors during the summer. It’s that time of day where it’s finally starting to cool off, and the thundershowers aren’t threatening anymore. Enjoy the summer nights with a cold drink under the stars with a few friends! It’s a refreshing change of scenery from the four walls we are surrounded by every day. Here are the best places to eat outside in Upper Macungie:
- House & Barn: It’s about a 20 minute drive from the Upper Macungie area over towards Emmaus, but it is well worth it. This century-old home has been renovated to accommodate plenty of guests. Different parts of the house are decorated to give you a unique experience and feel. You’ll have a lounge area in one section, and a formal sit-down restaurant in another. A short walk down the path, you’ll find their other half in the Barn. It’s the same age as the house, and has been redone to give you a modern rustic dining experience. Outside the barn is a covered outdoor patio seating area. Ask for Leibert’s Creek Patio for the perfect outdoor dining area. You’ll be surrounded with nature and serene landscaping while you enjoy expertly crafted dishes!
- Hops Fogelsville Hotel: This Upper Macungie brewery features a large area for outdoor seating in their patio section, as well as tables with umbrellas. You can find high top tables as well as large table seating. It’s a great casual spot for a group to watch the game, meet up with old friends, or enjoy a few drinks with family. It can get loud, but it’s a fun energetic atmosphere with always something to do. You’ll love the servers and there is always something new to try on tap. The best part is, if the weather doesn’t hold up, then you can easily migrate inside to find plenty of seating.
- Grille 3501: This Upper Macungie food spot offers an elevated dining experience with a large concrete patio and bar to enjoy the weather. This is a perfect date night spot. Each dish is expertly crafted to create a blend of flavors, textures, and colors. Every last detail is well thought out and plated beautifully, showing the chef’s artistry. It’s a fairly new restaurant in town, but it has been well reviewed and talked about by many. You can expect to have a great meal with excellent service while enjoying a modern outdoor dining experience.
- Arooga’s: This is a traditional sports bar and grill that has a large concrete patio for outdoor dining. There are tables with umbrellas and outdoor patio furniture to add an extra layer of comfort. It’s surrounded by a glass screen opening up the space, as well as high end stone finishes that make the bar look a step above the average sports bar. It’s still a casual spot where you can find all of your American favorites like nachos, burger, and fries. You’ll love enjoying the open outdoor space while you mingle with friends over beers.
- 1760 Pub N Grille: Another classic joint that offers American fare in a laid back atmosphere is 1760 Pub N Grille. There’s a small wood outdoor patio that wraps around part of the building with tables able to meet any size party. You can find seating for two, or push a few tables together to make it perfect for the group that you have. The service may be a little slow from the number of clients in Upper Macungie that are served every day, but you’ll be sure to love the food!
You can find outdoor seating for both a casual or a fancy dining experience. No matter where you go in Upper Macungie, you’ll have a great time taking in the fresh air, and enjoying great food with excellent people. Find your favorite new outdoor spot and get grubbing!