October 1st Is World Vegetarian Day!
Are you a vegetarian in need of a few new recipes? Or are you ready to add “Meatless Monday” to the menu planning? There are tons of great reasons to add some vegetarian dishes to your repertoire, and October 1st is World Vegetarian Day – so why not give it a go then?
Dinner is the perfect meal to give a new vegetarian dish a try, and here are some fantastic ones you can try!
- Walnut and Lentil Bolognese: You are going to love this recipe if you like a “semi-homemade” dish! This one has a great shortcut in that it uses jarred marinara sauce! But don’t worry! With all of the additions you make, it tastes like you made it all from scratch. The lentils and walnuts make it super hearty, and you’ll love ladling it over your favorite pasta.
- Quinoa Vegetable Soup with Kale: Soup season is here! And everyone will love a warm and delicious bowl of this Quinoa Vegetable Soup with Kale. The quinoa will add some protein to this soup, and you’ll love the texture it brings. It’s not mushy (which you might think it would be) and pairs well with all of the vegetables and seasonings.
- Grilled Veggie Burrito Bowls with Green Rice: There’s no need to head to your favorite quick-service chain restaurant for a burrito bowl when you can make this one at home. With a fresh pico de gallo, grilled vegetables, and “green” rice – you are going to be crazy about this dinner.
- Vegan Poke Bowl: Another “bowl” meal that’s extremely popular right now is the poke bowl. Packed full of fresh ingredients, rice, and usually salmon or tuna, this one switches it up with the addition of tofu instead of fish. It’s super healthy and can be ready in about 20 minutes – making it great for a quick lunch or easy weeknight meal.
- Veg Biryani: If you love Indian food, then you MUST learn to make this Veg Biryani! Amazing flavors, an aroma that will have the neighbors knocking on your door – plus there’s an easy one-pot version – will have you making this dish often. Totally delicious!
- Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms: Want all the flavors of a delicious lasagna but don’t want to make a huge pan of it? Then try this recipe! You’ll use portobello mushrooms to deliver all of your favorite Italian flavors. There’s garlic, onions, bell peppers, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. What’s not to like?
- Crispy Quinoa Patties: Quinoa is an excellent protein source, and these Crispy Quinoa Patties make for a fantastic meal. There are a ton of ways you can vary up the flavors for these patties – and it makes quite a few – so you’ll have leftovers for lunch.
- Easy Tofu Pad Thai: If one of your to-go favorites is Pad Thai, then you’ll love this Easy Tofu Pad Thai as it has all the flavors and spices you love – and it’s not that difficult to make. It only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish – so pick up all of the necessary ingredients and put this on the menu.
- Butternut Risotto with Leeks: If you’ve got an Instant Pot that you want to put to use – get it out and try this Butternut Risotto with Leeks. It’s rich and creamy and oh-so flavorful! The flavors scream fall, and it will warm you up on a cold night.
- Vegan Potato Chiles Rellenos: If you’re craving some Mexican food, then Vegan Potato Chiles Rellenos are the answer. Yum!
If you want to celebrate World Vegetarian Day on October 1st, then give one of these recipes a try! You’ll love how easy they are to make and how much flavor each recipe contains.