Plan a Romantic Valentine’s Day Dinner at Home
When it comes to dining out, Valentine’s Day is the second busiest day of the year for restaurants (right behind Mother’s Day). You’ll find that restaurants are crowded, and if you don’t have a reservation, you may have no chance at all of getting a seat at your favorite place.
But really, there’s no need to go out when you can cook a delicious meal at home. In fact, with a little help from the recipes on this list, you can prepare a fantastic dinner from appetizers to desserts, and not have to deal with the crowds at all.
- Spicy-Sweet Bacon Wrapped Shrimp – Kick off your Valentine’s Day dinner with shrimp that’s both spicy and sweet! (Plus – bacon!)
- Fig and Goat Cheese Bruschetta – Bruschetta is a perfect appetizer, and this twist on the traditional one is a must-try!
- Easy Baked Brie in Puff Pastry – This is a super easy appetizer to throw together and can be served with your favorite crackers.
- Quick Basic Chopped Salad – A good chopped salad can accompany just about any meal, and this is a good one.
- Classic Wedge Salad – Sometimes wedge salads get a bad rap, but they shouldn’t! When done well, they’re delicious!
- Caesar Salad – Homemade croutons and a great dressing make this a wonderful salad!
- Main Course:
- Engagement Roast Chicken – If you’re going to roast a chicken, you definitely need to use Ina Garten’s recipe. She’s famous for this recipe, and it’s amazing!
- Stuffed Pork Chops – You may not think about pork chops for Valentine’s Day, but this recipe will change your mind! These chops are stuffed with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella – and topped with some Italian seasonings.
- Filet Mignon in Mushroom Sauce – This pan-seared filet mignon makes for a fantastic Valentine’s Day meal.
- Side Dishes:
- Chocolate Cake for Two – Chocolate is always a great way to end a meal!
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Shortcake – Strawberries are a must for Valentine’s Day, so why not make strawberry shortcake for dessert? Definitely make the fresh whipped cream!!
- Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake – Most cheesecakes are too much for just two people, but this one is the perfect size!
- Pomegranate Mimosas – Mimosas aren’t just for brunch! These pretty red ones are fabulous for the holiday.
- Love Potion Cocktail – Cranberry juice and grenadine give it the color, and raspberry vodka adds some sweetness!
- Vesper Cocktail – Can you name the movie that made this cocktail famous? Hint: It’s a James Bond film. Yes, Casino Royale is the answer. It only has three ingredients and a bit of a kick.
There’s no need to head to a restaurant for Valentine’s Day when you can cook a delicious meal in your own kitchen. Try some of these recipes or fix some of your favorites and enjoy a quiet meal at home.