Podcasts for Kids!
Are you a fan of podcasts? Do you like listening to them when you’re out for a walk, on your way to work, or doing some housework? What about your children? Yes, your kids – do they listen to podcasts, too?
There are tons of great podcasts out there that are geared toward children – and if you haven’t shared the world of podcasts with your kids – now is the time. From science to storytelling to everything in between, podcasts for children cover a wide variety of topics – and there’s bound to be something that will grab their attention. Take a listen to these and see what your kids think.
- Stories Podcast: A Bedtime Show for Kids of All Ages: On the Stories Podcast, we perform a new story for your children every week. The stories range from retellings of fairy tales like Snow White to classic stories like Peter Rabbit and even completely original works. Everything is G rated and safe for all ages. The perfect kids podcast for imaginative families. Whether you’re driving with your children or just want to limit your kids’ screen time, Stories Podcast delivers entertainment that kids and parents alike will love.
- Purple Rocket Podcast: An award-winning kids podcast full of fun and adventure! Travel the world with twins Sawyer and Suzie using their Grandpa’s magical globe, explore the universe aboard the Space Train, fly with fairies, spend the summer with dinosaurs at Camp Dino, and so much more! The Purple Rocket produces exciting audio adventures the whole family can enjoy! Each season is a unique, originally written series, so find a season that sounds fun and dive in starting with episode one. Visit PurpleRocketPodcast.com to learn more.
- Brains On! Science Podcast for Kids: Brains On!® is a science podcast for curious kids and adults from American Public Media. Each week, a different kid co-host joins Molly Bloom to find answers to fascinating questions about the world sent in by listeners. Like, do dogs know they’re dogs? Or, why do feet stink? Plus, we have mystery sounds for you to guess, songs for you to dance to, and lots of facts — all checked by experts.
- But Why: A Podcast for Curious Kids: But Why is a show led by kids. They ask the questions and we find the answers. It’s a big interesting world out there. On But Why, we tackle topics large and small, about nature, words, even the end of the world. Know a kid with a question? Record it with a smartphone. Be sure to include your kid’s first name, age, and town and send the recording to email@example.com!
- Earth Rangers: Hi kids, if you think that animals are amazing, this is the show for you! Join host Earth Ranger Emma as she travels the world to discover the wildest animal facts out there and solve nature’s biggest mysteries. With top ten countdowns, an animal guessing game, conservation conversations, and epic animal showdowns, this is a journey you won’t want to miss!
- Eleanor Amplified: Eleanor Amplified is an adventure series for the whole family. Listen together as the world-famous radio reporter Eleanor foils devious plots and outwits crafty villains, all in pursuit of the big story… Like all the public media shows you love, Eleanor Amplified is entertaining and informative. Eleanor will spark laughter and conversation the whole family will enjoy, while preparing kids to appreciate journalism and make smart media choices in the future. (no longer in production)
Why should adults have all the fun when it comes to podcasts? Introduce your children to some of these great podcasts and you’ll make them into podcast lovers, too!
***All podcast descriptions courtesy of Apple Podcasts