Sports Podcasts for Sports Lovers
Do you eat, sleep, and dream about sports – even though you’re not a professional athlete? Do you plan your calendar around major sporting events and spend your time checking ESPN stats to see how your favorite players are doing? Would you rather be home watching your team win than doing just about anything else? Then you’re definitely a sports lover – and if you love sports, then you need to check out some of these podcasts, too.
- Pardon My Take: On “Pardon My Take,” Big Cat & PFT Commenter deliver the loudest and most correct sports takes in the history of the spoken word. Daily topics, guests, and an inability to tell what the hosts might be doing will make this your new favorite sports talk show. This is a podcast that will, without a doubt, change your life for the better- guaranteed or your money back. *Pretend a reggaeton air horn is going off right now* PMT.
- The Bill Simmons Podcast: HBO and The Ringer’s Bill Simmons hosts the most downloaded sports podcast of all time, with a rotating crew of celebrities, athletes, and media staples, as well as mainstays like Cousin Sal, Joe House, and a slew of other friends and family members who always happen to be suspiciously available.
- 30 For 30 Podcasts: Original audio documentaries from the makers of the acclaimed 30 for 30 film series, featuring stories from the world of sports and beyond. 30 for 30 offers captivating storytelling for sports fans and general interest listeners alike, going beyond the field to explore how sports, competition, athleticism, and adventure affect our lives and our world. Sports stories like you’ve never heard before.
- The Pat McAfee Show 2.0: On The Pat McAfee Show 2.0, Pat McAfee and his friends deliver one-of-a-kind opinions that won’t be heard anywhere else. Pat, who played in two Pro Bowls during his eight-year NFL career, brings a fresh take on sports and entertainment to listeners and fans. He is known for speaking his mind and is both relatable and refreshing. His player’s insight, electric storytelling, and robust sense of humor have helped him build a huge and loyal fan base with more than 3 million social media followers. Presented by FanDuel, The Pat McAfee Show 2.0 promises to inform, intrigue, and entertain.
- The Mina Kimes Show Featuring Lenny: Mina talks all things football with her unique brand of humor and insight. Her friends join each episode to talk about the NFL’s latest storylines, along with her football loving dog, Lenny, making frequent contributions.
- The Right Time with Bomani Jones: Bomani Jones weighs in on sports, pop culture, social topics, and more, with your comments on Mondays, friends of the show on Wednesdays, and Dominique Foxworth on Fridays.
- Skip and Shannon: Undisputed: Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe, and Jenny Taft discuss the biggest stories in the world of sports. It’s unscripted and unfiltered.
- Sports? With Katie Nolan: Sports? with Katie Nolan is a weekly show about sports and all the things tangentially related to sports. Its friends would describe it as “curious,” “fun,” and “a podcast.” Weekly guests will include sports fans from all sorts of industries: comedy, film, television, science?
- Men in Blazers: We discuss football. And wear blazers. Usually at the same time. Men in Blazers is driven by the belief that Soccer is America’s Sport of the Future. As it has been since 1972.
These are just a few of the sports podcasts you can listen to – when you’re not watching sports, of course! Download them and take a listen!
*All podcast descriptions courtesy of Apple Podcasts.