Sweet Treats for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and you know what that means – time to dust off your apron! Whether you’re cooking for two or for an army of hungry kids, these sweet Valentine’s Day recipes are sure to please. From cheesecake to brownies to cookies, there’s something for everyone!
- Strawberry Valentine Chex Mix: This sweet treat is going to be really popular – especially if you have little ones or you’re planning a movie night for the holiday. You only need five ingredients – and it’s a great recipe to make with kids!
- French Silk Pie: Will you be spending Valentine’s Day with a chocolate lover? Then you must make this French Silk Pie. The crust is made from Nilla Wafers, and the filling is so rich and creamy that you’ll only need a sliver to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars: If you love cheesecake but want a simpler version to make this Valentine’s Day – then this recipe is for you. Plus, they’re so pretty with that swirl of raspberry puree!
- Soft and Chewy Red Velvet Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting: The color of these brownies is perfect for the holiday, but the taste is even better. It makes a 9″ x13″ pan – which is fantastic if you’re having some friends or family over to celebrate.
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Hearts Tarts: These are just the cutest little treats for Valentine’s Day! Think of them as a tastier version of Pop-Tarts! And, while this version uses raspberries, you could substitute in other fruits that you love.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Lava Cake: You’ve probably tasted the traditional chocolate lava cake, but this is an alternative that you’re going to love. With all the flavors of a traditional chocolate chip cookie and the decadent molten center of a lava cake, you might want to make a couple of extras because everyone is going to love this dessert.
- Easy Shortbread Heart-Shaped Cookies: Shortbread cookies are the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or tea, and these heart-shaped ones will be fabulous for Valentine’s Day. And they make for a wonderful gift if you want to wrap some up for your family or friends.
- Valentine’s Day Truffles: Here’s another dessert that capitalizes on red velvet for the holiday by using a boxed red velvet cake mix. And, while these make gorgeous truffles, you could easily add a lollipop stick and make cake pops using this same recipe.
- Red Velvet Nutella Stuffed Cookies: Who doesn’t like Nutella? That chocolatey-hazelnut spread is perfect on a sandwich, by the spoonful, or in these tasty cookies! The red coloring of the cookies is fantastic – but the “melty” center is where it’s at!
- Cherry Crumb Pie: A classic cherry pie is always a hit! And this one is great because you only need to make one crust (and you could always use store-bought if you wanted). The crumb topping adds the right amount of sweetness, and this pie is fantastic served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate Chiffon Valentine Cake: If cake is more of your jam, then take a gander at this recipe! It’s a decadent chocolate chiffon cake decorated with buttercream frosting and fresh strawberries! This one looks beautiful and is so full of flavor that you’ll struggle to stop at one slice.
This Valentine’s Day, why not make a homemade sweet treat for your loved ones? Whether they like cookies or brownies or cakes or pies – there’s something they’ll love on this list!