Things Every Woman Should Keep In Her Purse/Bag (Bag Essentials)
Women have to be ready for anything that can happen during the course of a day. They not only have to look out for themselves, but they are prepared with supplies to heal boo-boos, fix a rip, and dry away tears from little ones. Having small necessities on hand can rescue the day and turn issues into no-big-deal’s.
- First-aid pouch: Whether you have children or not, it’s always a good idea to have a little bag of first-aid essentials. This may be the most important thing that you keep in your purse other than your wallet and keys. Get a small zipper bag and stock it with band-aids, painkillers, safety pins, tissues, etc. Band-aids could come in handy while you’re breaking in that new pair of heels around the office. Even if you don’t use the supplies for yourself, you can a friends life much better by having these essentials nearby.
- Battery case, or phone charger: Let’s face it–our smartphones are basically an extension of us nowadays. There’s very little that we can do without these wonderful little machines. When your phone dies on you, you’re lost. Your business calls are done, you can’t send anymore emails, GPS is gone, and you can’t find the nearest restaurant to you. Our phones do everything for us, which is why you need to always have a backup plan. Keep a charged battery extension for your phone, or a portable USB charger to keep your smartphone juiced up and ready to work.
- Stain-erasing pen: You’re driving in to work, and you hit a pothole while you were taking that last sip of coffee. Now you’re wearing that last sip. Pop out the stain-erasing pen to save your nice work clothes from an embarrassing stain. It’s great for kids too. They love to see what kinds of new stains they can manage to get on the playground. While you’re strapping them into the carseat, hit the tough spots with the stain-erasing pen before those grass stains set to make laundry day a little easier.
- Aquafor: It’s the winter months, and skin is drying up. Instead of having 3 different lotions for different parts of your body, have the one that can do it all. Aquafor is perfect for chapped lips and providing relief from dry hands. Even though it doesn’t have a fancy scent, models swear by Aquafor to have skin looking it’s best.
- Hand sanitizer: You’re at client meetings all day and shaking hands is a social must. Protect yourself during the cold and flu season with a little hand sanitizer in between hand washing. Moms should have a large bottle on hand and in the car. Kids are petri dishes and love to bring every germ into the home. Keep them, and yourself, healthy this winter with a little added sanitation.
- Mints: It’s difficult to carry around a toothbrush and toothpaste to freshen up after meals. A small tin of mints can do the trick to get rid of the smell of Taco Tuesday. It can give you some added confidence when you need to put your best foot forward.
- Healthy snack: We’ve all been there, and we all know that “hangry” is a real thing. Your blood pressure goes up, you’re suddenly flushed, and you’re biting everyone’s head off for no good reason. It’s way past meal-time, but you still have so much to do. You’re not in a position where you can take a break and go get lunch, so your little healthy snack in your bag will save the day. Now you can think clearly again, and stop those gnawing hunger pains for a little while. It should at least buy you enough time to find a real meal.
- Hair tie: Whether you have long or short hair, always have something to pin your hair back nearby. It’s great for practical needs and it can also help dress up a casual outfit. Workouts are more difficult with your hair flopping around, so you’ll need sometime to pin your hair back. Or, if you’re at work and need to change your business look to an evening look, tossing your hair into a stylish up-do can elevate your look from casual to chic. Whether it’s elastics or bobby pins, it’s a good idea to keep a few in your purse at all times.
Life is never predictable, and it never goes easy on you. Do you best to roll with the punches by having an arsenal of supplies ready to go for whatever the day may throw at you. Plus, that just means you need to go purse shopping for a bigger bag!