Vegetarian Cookbooks You’ll Love
Cooking vegetarian foods can be a fun and healthy way to enjoy your meals. There are many different types of vegetarianism, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs and lifestyle. And no matter if you are a full-time vegetarian or just want to incorporate some meatless dishes into your diet, these cookbooks can help. So dig in and get cooking!
- Sweet Potato Soul: 100 Easy Vegan Recipes for the Southern Flavors of Smoke, Sugar, Spice, and Soul
- Jenné Claiborne grew up in Atlanta eating classic Soul Food—fluffy biscuits, smoky sausage, Nana’s sweet potato pie—but thought she’d have to give all that up when she went vegan. As a chef, she instead spent years tweaking and experimenting to infuse plant-based, life-giving, glow-worthy foods with the flavor and depth that feeds the soul.
- In Sweet Potato Soul, Jenné revives the long tradition of using fresh, local ingredients creatively in dishes like Coconut Collard Salad and Fried Cauliflower Chicken. She improvises new flavors in Peach Date BBQ Jackfruit Sliders and Sweet Potato-Tahini Cookies. She celebrates the plant-based roots of the cuisine in Bootylicious Gumbo and savory-sweet Georgia Watermelon & Peach Salad. And she updates classics with Jalapeño Hush Puppies, and her favorite, Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls.
- Along the way, Jenné explores the narratives surrounding iconic and beloved soul food recipes, as well as their innate nutritional benefits—you’ve heard that dandelion, mustard, and turnip greens, okra, and black eyed peas are nutrition superstars, but here’s how to make them super tasty, too.
- From decadent pound cakes and ginger-kissed fruit cobblers to smoky collard greens, amazing crabcakes and the most comforting sweet potato pie you’ll ever taste, these better-than-the-original takes on crave-worthy dishes are good for your health, heart, and soul.
- How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
- Ten years ago, this breakthrough cookbook made vegetarian cooking accessible to everyone. Today, the issues surrounding a plant-based diet—health, sustainability, and ethics—continue to resonate with more and more Americans, whether or not they’re fully vegetarian. This new edition has been completely reviewed and revised to stay relevant to today’s cooks: New recipes include more vegan options and a brand-new chapter on smoothies, teas, and more. Charts, variations, and other key information have been updated. And, new for this edition, the recipes are showcased in bright full-color photos throughout. With these photos and a host of recipes destined to become new favorites, this already classic vegetarian cookbook will continue to be more indispensable than ever.
- Vegetarian Mediterranean Cookbook: 125+ Simple, Healthy Recipes for Living Well
- Mediterranean mealtime is an event, accompanied by close family and friends, where Western wellness worries are simply managed through healthy eating and living. And while it is a culture filled with fresh, farm-to-table ingredients, many Mediterranean cookbooks’ meat-centric meals leave users seeking vegetarian recipe conversions. Let The Vegetarian Mediterranean Cookbook be your guide to delectable, all-vegetarian recipes passed down from the countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea―from Spain to Syria.
- Whole, simple ingredients and timeless recipes are the effortless secret to the healthy Mediterranean standard of living. From recipes like Moroccan-Style Vegetable and Olive Tagine to Fresh Sauce Pasta, along with standard staples like Hummus and Basil Pesto, The Vegetarian Mediterranean Cookbook brings the region’s famous freshness and flavors into your home.
- This Mediterranean cookbook includes:
- Authentically Mediterranean―Learn the meticulous vegetarian take on cooking philosophies of the region like infusing oils and a focus on texture.
- Live globally, shop locally―This Mediterranean cookbook is filled with recipes sourced at local supermarkets, proving virtually all vegetarian ingredients are easily accessible.
- Tips and tricks―Bursting with simple shortcuts and ideas to make cooking easier, get the most out of your ingredients, and enhance flavor with this Mediterranean cookbook.
- The Vegetarian Mediterranean Cookbook will take you on a culinary expedition of a wide variety of cultures with distinct cuisines.
- The 5-Ingredient Vegetarian Cookbook: 75 Effortless Recipes for Busy Cooks
- Simple vegetarian meals can be quick, budget-friendly, and full of flavor. This vegetarian cookbook shows you how, with tasty recipes that require just 5 ingredients and only a few steps to prepare. For full-time vegetarians or home cooks who just want to add more meatless meals to their rotation, this vegetarian cookbook helps build a repertoire of easy plant-focused recipes the whole family will love.
- Fresh, flavor-forward recipes―Find a wide range of dishes to try, from classics like Cheesy Baked Ravioli to new favorites like Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini, Pomegranate, and Feta.
- Minimal ingredients―Every recipe uses no more than 5 ingredients (excluding salt, pepper, and oil), and features whole foods that are affordable and easy to find.
- No experience required―These recipes include clear instructions that help ensure success and speed, so they’re suitable for people who’ve never done much home cooking or vegetarian eating before as well as those who are more experienced.
- Whip up satisfying vegetarian delights with ingredients you can count on one hand.
Whether you are a long-time vegetarian, or just looking to explore your culinary options, these vegetarian cookbooks all offer some great recipes. You can easily add some of their meals to your weekly menu and enjoy a delicious meat-free dinner.
***All book summaries courtesy of Amazon