50 Ideas for Family Fun
“No amount of money or success can take the place of time spent with your family.” – Unknown
Isn’t that the truth? Yet, with busy schedules for parents and kids, it can seem harder and harder to find times where you can all be together. And then you need to find an activity or something to do that everyone will enjoy.
The next time you find that your entire family can spend some time together, use these ideas for some inspiration on what you can do!
- Head to the zoo: The Lehigh Valley Zoo is open year-round and is great for an outing anytime!
- Go to the library: Everyone can pick out a new book or attend story time.
- Bake some cookies together: Sweet treats make everyone happy!
- Have a living room sleepover: Grab some pillows and blankets, and sleep in the living room!
- Go to the movies: Check the listings and find a family-friendly movie that everyone will enjoy!
- Play some different chalk games: Grab a box of chalk and head outside to play a few games!
- Pick some apples or berries or whatever is in season: And then make a yummy treat with what you picked!)
- Take a hike: The Lehigh Valley has lots of great spots to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
- Go bowling.
- Volunteer as a family: Perhaps you could volunteer at an animal shelter or soup kitchen.
- Make homemade play dough: Here’s a recipe for you!
- Set a timer and clean: And plan a reward when everyone is finished!
- Cook dinner together.
- Play a board game together: Here are some great ones!
- Gather up items to donate to charity.
- Visit a museum together.
- Bake a cake for a neighbor: This Chocolate Chip Cake is delicious!
- Go horseback riding: Check out this list of places in the Lehigh Valley where you can go!
- Plant some herbs.
- Try geocaching: There are some geocaching apps you can download to your phone to get started!
- Go swimming: (In the winter some hotels will allow you to use their pool for a small fee.)
- Grab the fishing poles and head to the lake.
- Take everyone to the driving range to hit balls.
- Send postcards to people.
- Check out a new restaurant.
- Play a round of mini-golf.
- Do a fun craft: There are some great ideas for all ages here.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Set up a lemonade stand and donate the proceeds to charity.
- At night, try to find different constellations: Start with these!
- Take a cooking class together.
- Explore a new playground.
- Form teams and do a scavenger hunt: You don’t even need to create one. There are lots of them ready to print on Pinterest.
- Have a dance party.
- Play laser tag.
- Teach yourselves some magic tricks.
- Fly a kite.
- Check into a hotel for the night and enjoy all the amenities.
- Play video games together.
- Watch a play or musical.
- Go on a family picnic.
- Take a new fitness class together. Karate and Tae Kwon Do are great for the whole family.
- Practice meditation as a family.
- Eat ice cream for dinner.
- Create a family photo album from those photos on your phone.
- Plan and serve a formal dinner at home: Everyone has to dress up and make the table fancy!
- Attend a local festival or event.
- Go to a food truck rally and try foods you’ve never had before.
- Go rock climbing.
- Paint kindness rocks and leave them around town.
There are so many fun ideas on this list! Which one will you and your family choose first?