Breakfast Recipes for Father’s Day
“I’m a father; that’s what matters most. Nothing matters more.” – Gordon Brown
Do you have a father who definitely feels that way about fatherhood? Are you getting ready to celebrate him on Father’s Day? Then how about making him a delicious breakfast?
Breakfast is a great meal to prepare for Father’s Day as it can incorporate both sweet and savory items – depending on your dad’s tastes. If you need some new recipes for Father’s Day take a look at these – there’s something for everyone!
- Low Carb Baked Ham and Egg Cups: Is your dad looking following a low-carb diet? If the answer is yes, then he might love these baked ham and egg cups. You bake them in a muffin pan and they only take a few ingredients – which means the kids can help make them.
- Texas French Toast Bake: If dad has a sweet tooth, then French toast might be one of his favorite breakfast dishes. This Texas French Toast Bake is done in the oven and is a great family dish. And the best part about it? You can prepare it Saturday night and pop it in the oven on Sunday morning!
- The Best Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes: Pancakes are a breakfast staple, but it’s important that you have a great recipe to get fluffy pancakes that everyone will love – and this is that recipe. Buttermilk gives these pancakes great flavor – better than any box mix – and you can easily add other things to the batter. Think about adding blueberries, raspberries, chocolate chips, coconut, or bacon!
- Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich: Does your dad love a good breakfast sandwich? Something he can wrap his hands around and dig his teeth into? Then this Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich fits the bill! With chewy sourdough bread, bacon, an egg, cheese, and guacamole – it is so flavorful he might eat two!
- Country Sausage Gravy: Country Sausage Gravy is a popular dish on Southern breakfast menus and this recipe will rival any restaurant version. Serve it over biscuits and with a couple of eggs prepared in the manner he prefers, and you have a complete breakfast.
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole: Casseroles are excellent at any time of the day as they allow you to put all of your ingredients into one dish. This Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole has all of the flavors of breakfast layered into a 13”x9” pan and you can season it to fit your tastes. If you have leftovers, wrap them up in flour tortillas and create breakfast burritos.
- Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns: If you think the only place you can get a good sticky bun is at the bakery – think again. You can make delicious ones right at home! While it does require some preparation on your part (this recipe has you making your own dough), it’s well worth it.
- Breakfast Pizza: Pizza for breakfast is made even better when it’s a Breakfast Pizza! So many great ingredients and a very simple homemade dough make this a fantastic recipe.
- Huevos Rancheros: Huevos Rancheros is a delicious savory breakfast! You have eggs, tortillas, and a homemade salsa sauce. It’s easy to assemble and great with a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal: Is Dad trying to eat healthily? Then he might enjoy this Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal. It has hints of sweetness and lots of healthy ingredients – and baking it gives it a little bit of texture.
This year for Father’s Day, start Dad’s day off right with breakfast. You can fix him something sweet or something savory – and he’ll love your thoughtfulness.