How to Choose the Right Car for You
How To Choose The Right Car For You
So, you’re in the market for a new car, but you don’t know where to begin your search—we’ve all been there. There are so many new features and styles that it can become overwhelming to know which vehicle is right for you. It doesn’t have to be this way! Shopping for a new car can be fun, as long as you do your research and know what to look for. Ignore those confusing car commercials, and stick to these helpful guidelines to decide which car is right for you!
- What’s your lifestyle? Do you live in a city or out in the suburbs? Do you have kids to consider? Do you go off-roading or haul things often? Be honest with yourself. If you live in the city and pull a trailer once a year, then you probably don’t need a big truck. It would most likely be better to have a compact, fuel-efficient car for your daily commute. Also, figure out the space that you need to seat everyone in your family comfortably. Make sure to have at least enough space for each family member to sit comfortably, though you can always trade in and upgrade if your family grows.
- Set your budget. Finding the perfect vehicle but then coming across a big, expensive price sticker can be a bit discouraging. Give yourself about a $2,000 wiggle room, and focus on the monthly payments. By breaking it down on a month-to-month basis, you can factor that in to what is feasible for you to spend. It’s important to only consider the income that you have presently. Don’t count on bonuses or promotions that might come in the future. It might be tempting when you’re out on the car lot looking at a beautiful car that’s out of your price range. You want to justify it, but it’s in your best interest not to. You can always upgrade if your budget does change in the future.
- Test drive at least 3 cars from different makes and models. Keep an open mind when it comes to the type of car you’re looking for—you might surprise yourself. For example, if your family has always been a GMC family, and you can’t imagine owning a different car, put your love for the brand to the test. See if you still love that brand after test-driving a Toyota and a Ford. Like any other product, there are pros and cons to each.
- Be practical. Consider gas mileage and functionality over fancy new technologies or flashy exteriors. The added features are great, but they aren’t the meat of the car. Look at the engine capacity, the ease of parts and labor, and other practical uses like the trunk and back seat space. Also, research the safety features of the car. See what kinds of awards and reviews the vehicle has. Seat warmers are nice, but they won’t keep you protected in an accident.
- Find the best dealer. Car sales people have gotten a bad rap over the years. Not all of them are looking to pull the wool over your eyes. Research your dealers to make sure others in your community trust them. Before you walk in, use features like CarFinder and CarFax to look up current information on the vehicle. It can help you know what the market price should be so you don’t feel like you got ripped off. To start your search in Breinigsville, check out Krause Toyota, Hunter Keystone Peterbilt, and RB Collection.
All of these tips should help you on your way to finding the right car for you. Knowing which car is a perfect fit can be a challenge, but it’s made easier when you consider your lifestyle, budget, and needs. You’ll have to do a bit of research into the makes and models of cars you’re interested in, as well as the dealers you’ll be looking to buy from. Each dealership is different, and each experience will vary. Make sure to take the car for a test drive, and be honest about what you need. Don’t let yourself be swayed by pushy salesmen, deceiving commercials, or any other outside influence. Remember, car shopping should be a fun experience, and navigating that journey just got a little easier!