Cleaning Tips from A-Z
If you ask just about anyone if they enjoy cleaning their home, you’re bound to hear a big sigh and a resounding, “No!” It’s only natural. Who really wants to spend time cleaning when they could be doing…well, just about anything else?
And, if you’re like everyone else, you’re always looking for tips and tricks to help you keep your home clean and organized. After all, if you can save time or money – or both – that’s a definite win!
- Air Vents – If your air vents are clogged with dirt and dust, grab your vacuum. Attach the soft brush tool and suck it all up!
- Blender – Did you make a great tasting smoothie, and now your blender needs to be cleaned? Add a drop of dish soap and warm water and then blend. Empty and rinse, and you’ll be all set!
- Coffee filters – Coffee filters are perfect for making your mirrors shine! Use them in place of paper towels because they are lint-free.
- Dryer Sheets – Dryer sheets (after they’ve been used in your dryer) can be used to remove water spots from mirrors, remove the ring inside the toilet, and wipe down your baseboards.
- Eliminate – Eliminate as much clutter as you can! You’d be surprised how much cleaner your home is when you get rid of unwanted or unneeded items.
- Frig – Go through your frig and throw away expired foods and then give your shelves a good cleaning.
- Glass – If you drop a glass and it breaks into a thousand little pieces, don’t attempt to use your hands to pick up the tiny shards. Grab a piece of bread and press it into the area of the broken glass. It should help to pick up the pieces.
- Hard Water Spots – Create a solution of water and vinegar and spray on hard water stains. Let it sit for about 15 minutes and wipe away.
- Iron – You may need to descale your iron if you have hard water. It’s not hard when you follow these steps!
- Junk Drawer – Everyone has one, but try to keep it somewhat organized. A silverware organizer works well with all of the different slots!
- Kitchen – Your kitchen has an unpleasant smell from those chicken wings you fried, then follow these directions to make it smell a whole lot better!
- Lemon – If you have an unpleasant odor coming from your garbage disposal, add a few slices of lemon to it and then turn it on. You’ll have a pleasant citrus scent!
- Musty Smells – If you have a closet (for example, your linen closet) that seems to smell a little musty, place an open box of baking soda in there (just like you do in your frig).
- Natural – If you are looking for more natural cleaning products to use in your home, here’s a list that can help!
- Oven – If your oven needs a little attention, then this YouTube video can help!
- Patio (or Balcony) – Don’t forget to sweep your patio or balcony. Even if you’re not using it – clearing debris is always a good idea.
- Quick – You want cleaning to be quick and easy! Keep all of your cleaning products in a storage caddy that you can easily grab and move room to room with.
- Rubber Gloves – It’s always good advice to have a pair of rubber gloves you can wear while cleaning. They’ll protect your hands from cleaning products and dirty places you may not want to touch.
- Sponge – When was the last time you cleaned your sponge? Pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to remove bacteria. (Be careful taking it out – it will be hot!)
- Tennis Shoes – Are the white parts of your tennis shoes looking not-so-white? Use toothpaste and an old toothbrush to scrub the white areas, and soon they’ll look like new.
- Underneath – Yes, check underneath things (furniture, sinks, etc.) and give them a good cleaning.
- Vacuum – If your vacuum seems not to be as powerful as it once was, it may be time to change the bag and check to make sure your hose is not clogged up.
- Wipe – Wipe up spills or your kitchen counter – or whatever needs wiping – right away! If you wait, you may forget about it, and then stains can set in.
- Xtra – Do you have a few spare minutes? Then do some extra cleaning! It only needs to be one thing – and it doesn’t need to take long at all!
You – Unfortunately, unless you have a house cleaner, you have to do the cleaning. Create a schedule that works for you – and stick to it!
- Ziploc Bag – Use a Ziploc bag to clean your shower head by mixing equal parts white vinegar and water and pouring it into the baggie. Tie the bag around the showerhead secure with a twist tie. Let it soak for up to an hour, then remove and wipe away the loosened deposits.
The next time you have to clean, try a few of these tips! You’ll love the way your place looks and, hopefully, save some time and money!