Exercise Rut? Check Out These Websites and Channels!
Did you make a resolution to exercise more this year? Or, have you always been a fitness fanatic? But, perhaps you’re in a bit of a rut, or you’re looking for some new workout ideas.
You can spend time searching YouTube to find videos, but it can be a bit overwhelming. If you want to make your life a bit easier, head to these websites or channels for some help with mixing up your workout routine.
- Fitness Blender: No matter what your fitness level, you’re going to find a workout that fits you on Fitness Blender. Fitness Blender is the creation of a husband and wife team, Daniel and Kelli, and they have a fantastic selection of workouts. You can do kickboxing, strength training, stretching, and so much more. They have a great filter that can help you find the perfect workout for you based on the level of difficulty, the number of calories you want to burn, the equipment you have on hand, and various other criteria. And the workouts are free!
- Make Your Body Work: Dave Smith is a professional weight loss coach from Canada and the force behind this website. He has workouts that include cardio, strength training, and core conditioning – which means you’re hitting all the keys areas of a workout. His workouts are fairly quick, require little to no equipment, and are perfect for any level of fitness as he shows various progressions for each exercise. And he includes a warm-up and cool-down with each workout – which is really important!
- Do Yoga With Me: It can be difficult to find online yoga instruction that meets your needs but Do Yoga With Me is an excellent resource if you want to try yoga or add it to your fitness regime. There are several different levels and many instructors to choose from. You can filter the classes by difficulty, length of class, style of yoga, or even by the instructor – if you find one you love. And lots of the classes are filmed outdoors – which provides for some great scenery while working out.
- Spark People: Spark People has been around for a while and has long been a popular site for those who want to lose weight, but they also have workout videos. Videos are available for abs, cardio, yoga, and pilates – and none of the workouts are very long. Definitely geared more towards beginners, these are great workouts when you’re tempted just to skip the gym.
- LiveStrong: LiveStrong has assembled a large selection of workouts on its YouTube channel – making it easy to find a workout you want to do. Nicky Holender is one of the primary instructors on this channel (although there are a few others), and he definitely knows his stuff.
- Barre3: This is another YouTube channel that is led by Barre3 founder, Sadie Lincoln. Based on traditional ballet workouts, Barre3 combines ballet, dance, yoga, pilates, and bodyweight exercises for a unique workout.
- Jenny Ford Fitness: Jenny Ford shares her love of step aerobics and cardio workouts on this channel. She teaches you step-by-step, and even if you’re not very coordinated, you’ll be able to follow along. Definitely worth getting your own step at home for her workouts!
What kind of workouts do you like to do? Do you look for short ones that hit all of the key areas, or do you like a nice long workout where you burn a ton of calories? No matter what type of workout you like, check out some of these websites and channels when you need a change or a bit of inspiration.