Fun Staycation Ideas
Sometimes you just don’t have the time, energy or money to plan a big extravagant vacation, yet, you still need some rest, relaxation and fun. That’s when it’s time to plan a staycation – a vacation where you get to sleep in your own bed, but you plan fun activities in your area. If you’re looking for some great staycation ideas, then check these out!
- Visit Local Museums: As you go about your day-to-day life, you might not have the time or energy to visit some of the great museums that may be close to you. This is why visiting some of your local museums is an ideal staycation activity. Here in the Lehigh Valley area, there are several great museums you can check out with or without children.
- Go to the Movies: With Netflix, Amazon, and movies-on-demand there are not a lot of reasons to head out to the actual movie theater to see a film, but you should. It’s a lot of fun to see a movie on the gigantic screen with surround sound. Plus, lots of theaters now have recliners to make your movie experience extremely comfortable. And, don’t forget the popcorn!
- Hit the Water Park: Whether it’s an indoor water park during the colder months or an outdoor park when the weather is warmer, a water park makes for a fun day. Grab your swimsuit and towel and prepare to get wet as you head to one of these water parks in the Lehigh Valley.
- Spend the Night at a Local Hotel: Of course, you won’t be sleeping in your own bed if you decide to do this during your staycation, but a night at a hotel can be fun and relaxing. You can take advantage of all the amenities – pool, spa, restaurant, room service, gym – and get a restful night’s sleep.
- Enjoy the Outdoors: Whether you like hiking or biking or fishing, a staycation can have you getting outside and enjoying the scenery. Grab your backpack and drive to a local park or trail!
- Go Out to Dinner: Is there a special restaurant you’ve been wanting to try? Use your staycation as a reason to give it a try!
- Give Yourself a Digital Break: Just like on vacation, you shouldn’t be checking your work email and texts all the time during your staycation. If you can put away your laptop and phone for designated periods of time, you’ll probably enjoy your staycation just a little bit more.
- Sleep In Late: Part of vacation is relaxing and catching up on your rest. Take some time to sleep in during your staycation. You’ll wake up feeling recharged and like you were really on vacation.
- Try Something New: A staycation is an ideal time to try something new. Always wanted to try golf? Go for it! Cooking class? Find one and sign up. New winery you’ve been wanting to try? Find a designated driver and head that way. Your staycation can lead to new adventures or hobbies.
- Do What You Love to Do on Vacation: Your staycation is a time to do what you love to do on vacation. If you want to spend time reading – grab that book. Do you want to do some shopping? You should! Treat your staycation just like a vacation.
Are you ready to plan your next staycation? Use some of these ideas, and you can be enjoying some quality time right here in the Lehigh Valley.